Friday, March 16, 2007

30. World's Greatest Shave

Just a brief update...

My mate Drew has just shaved off his hair and beard for Leukaemia Research - "The World's Greatest Shave" is an annual event held in Australia for those wishing to raise cash for a good cause...and Drew managed to pull in over $1,000 for the Charity! Such an unreal effort...

In regards to Drew, this is a huge deal…I’ve only known him to shave once in the past few years (at our wedding – not even at his!) and avoids the barber like the plague. Check out the photos below:



Before


Getting Started


Biker Beard?


Getting Rid of it...


Done!


I'll update again hopefully next week after I get the news from my important PCR test - this is the one to tell me and the docs if the new increase dose of Gleevec (800mg) is helping to reduce the amount of Luekaemia cells still in my body. Keep your fingers crossed...

No comments: