Wednesday, August 16, 2006

18. Waiting Game



Loch Ard camping trip in bonny Scotland...

Who ever invented the saying 'no news is good news'? I wish that was an accurate statement, it's something I've found myself saying a few times lately.

My PCR and Bone Marrow tests are still in the test tubes in a lab somewhere, I'd imagine I'll be waiting a couple more weeks before I get a call from the doc to give me the updates....the 9 month updates. So no news to report just now (which hopefully means good news), I'm just hoping I'll have some results around the corner to give me some direction of my next step in the CML story. Transplant or meds?!

The training is still going well for the big bike ride to Edinburgh from Glasgow. I've managed to stay on my 2 wheeled beast so far and haven't had to put my dodgy helmet into any use just yet. I'll keep peddling around the streets for another week and a half, keeping an eye out for little old ladies and dogs. I think my bike has a dog magnet! So once again, a couple of weeks and I'll have some updates and a few more photos...

It was a strange feeling the weekend that just past...it was the weekend we originally planned to get married on. The date was booked before I was diagnosed and as there was so much uncertainty on what the year ahead would hold for us, so we moved it to earlier in the year. Kas and I are so glad it went ahead in March... would have loved to do the honeymoon again though!

So in the meantime, we head off to Berlin next week for a quick break...the calm before the storm! A nice trip would do us good before all the job changes, moving house and still dealing with the usual dodgy disease that won't seem to piss off. It's even worse than the annoying guest who comes for Christmas and never wants to go home...

(If you ever want some inspiration or feeling down... check out this young fella's website http://www.jaysjourney.org/ - unreal!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you boys were all wearing life jackets on your leisurely cruise on the Loch (very beautiful I may say)! Very sensible of you - you never know when things may happen, like the engine falling of the boat for no reason at all! :-) Matty, I would love to see a photo of you in your bike outfit. Good luck on the next bike ride, don't forget your helmet, and all appropriate padding! Lots of love mum xxx